You must purchase specific bags for various types of unsorted waste, biodegradable, pmd, and soft plastics.
Points of sale
- In the city office (without appointment)
- In most supermarkets in Leuven
- In the recycling centre (in Dutch) (only pink bags)
- Brown bags (unsorted waste)
- Roll of 10 large bags (60 litres per bag): € 22,5
- Roll of 10 small bags (30 litres per bag): € 11,25
- Blue bags (pmd: plastic bottles and flasks, metal packaging, drink cartons)
- Roll of 20 bags: € 3
- Green bags (gft: biodegradable waste)
Green gft bags are only for Leuven city centre. Biodegradable waste in the boroughs is collected in a gft container.
- Roll of 10 large biodegradable bags (40 liters): € 7
- Roll of 10 small biodegradable bags (20 liters): € 7
- Pink bags (soft plastics)
- Roll of 10 bags: € 2,50
You can exchange a broken bag at the municipal office.