Apart from the waste that the municipal services and EcoWerf collect from the pavements, you can also take waste to the recycling centre yourself. In the recycling centre, waste is collected selectively for recycling.
Consult the opening hours of recycling centres (Dutch only)
Find the addresses and a map of recycling centres (Dutch only)
- Residents of Leuven
- Non-residents who have a temporary admission card
Not for self-employed people to leave their commercial waste, nor for waste from construction or renovation works in Leuven.
What do you need to bring?
Your identity card or temporary admission card.
Which type of waste can you take to the recycling centre?
Free of charge
- Asbestos cement (Eternit)
- Discarded electric and electronic devices
- Small Hazardous Waste (paint residues, frying oil, spray cans of poisonous products,…)
- Soft plastics: in the pink bags with the EcoWerf logo
- Tree trunks, grass, leaves
- Aerated concrete
- Plaster and lime
- Glass (container glass and glass sheets separately)
- Bulky refuse (additional fee)
- Hard plastics
- Reusable goods
- Scrap metal
- Paper and cardboard
- PMD (in the blue PMD bag with the EcoWerf logo)
- Demolition wood
- Wood cuttings
- Brick waste
- Textile (clean and in bags)
Use the EcoWerf sorting guide (Dutch only).
You can find the rates at EcoWerf (Dutch only).
Temporary admission card
- People who (temporarily) do not have an identity card
- Non-residents of Leuven
Only for exceptional small works.
E.g.: an owner of student accommodations who wants to clear out furniture that was left behind.
€ 50. You will get it back when you return the card.
Where can you get one?
At the sanitattion department