Visa to reside in Belgium

If you want to come to Belgium for more than 3 months and you are a non-EU/EEA national, you may require a type D visa. A visa is a sticker which is placed in your passport by the Belgian consulate, granting permission to stay in Belgium for a specific period.

How to apply?

You apply personally at the competent Belgian embassy or consulate.

They will provide you with more information about the type of visa you need (depending on the purpose of your stay: work, studies, family reunification ...) and the conditions.

Further information

You can find all the information regarding type D visas for Belgium on the FPS Foreign Affairs website.

Professor Van Overstraetenplein 1
3000 Leuven

Something wrong or unclear on this page? Let us know.