Helping others during the corona crisis
What can you do to help others during the corona crisis? The city is bringing together people to help.
I want to help
What happens after you sign up?
- We will look for a request that matches your profile.
- We will provide you with the information needed to assist.
- You get into contact with the person assigned to you.
What do you have to pay attention to when volunteering?
Are you offering assistance? Please pay attention to the following measures in order to prevent infection with the virus:
- Make your arrangements by telephone of via the internet.
- Avoid physical contact as much as possible
- Keep a safe distance
- Wash your hands before and after having contact with others.
- Pay special attention to at-risk groups.
- Settle payments digitally or put your money in an envelope.
Get your free volunteering insurance
If you help others during the coronacrisis, you are entitled to the free volunteering insurance offered by Vlaanderen Helpt.
What does this insurance cover?
- Your activities between 8:00 and 20:00
- Your civil liability
- Legal assistance
- Personal physical damage
Further information on the assurance during coronacrisis (Dutch only)
How to get the insurance?
- Register as a volunteer on 'Leuven Helpt', after this you are automatically covered by the ‘Vlaanderen Helpt!’ Insurance, except for:
- If you are not registered on ‘Leuven Helpt’ but do help others in your surroundings, sign up for the insurance.
If you have suffered damage, please notify by mail within 24 hours at email@example.com.