Digital parking permit for residents
Do you live in a zone where you have to pay a parking fee or display a parking disk? Then request a parking permit for residents (residential parking permit) from the city.
You can then park in these zones for free, without needing a parking disk. You can request a maximum of 2 parking permits per address.
- It is for a private vehicle, company car, or light truck (max. length 4.90 m and max. height 1.90 m).
- The vehicle is registered at your address.
- You have a Belgian number plate.
Foreign number plate? Then you can purchase a once-only residential parking permit for a maximum of three months.
- You officially live in a zone where you have to pay a parking fee or display a parking disk.
Just moved house? After the provisional change of address, you can purchase a residential parking permit for a maximum of three months.
Requesting or extending your parking permit
In the city office
You don't need an appointment.
Check the opening hours
- Just moved house: proof of provisional registration
- For light trucks: proof showing the dimensions of the vehicle
- For company cars: company car certificate (you can request the document at the City council offices)
- Proof of vehicle registration
- Identity card
|Parking permit||3 months||1 year|
|First parking permit||€ 20||€ 60|
|Second parking permit||€ 90||€ 300|
Which streets can you park in?
You can only park in the streets in your zone using your residential parking permit. In the city centre, this includes your own zone and the two neighbouring zones. The traffic warden will check the database on-site to see if you are authorised to park there or not.